Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So far, so good

I've now been "R"'d (yesterday) and "CHOPped" (today) and all went well both days, I'm pleased to report. Again, so far, no nausea or other unpleasantness. I've had my second whack of Prednosone today (which is the 'P' in the CHOP) - which seems to have had the predicted side effect of incresing my insulin resistance so I'll have to experiment a little to establish new higher insulin doses to compensate for this. They've also now got me on the anti-nausea medication (which I guess must be working well!). The staff at the Haematolgy Day Stay unit are superb and do their utmost to make the process as pleasant as possible. Friendly, competent, careful and sociable. Nice work Tracey!

Unfortunately the pain in the ankle is still a bit of a bother and is now joined by pain under the left heel. Nett result is it is curbing my mobility a bit. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing as it will keep me from charging around like usual as if there's nothing going on. I do want to make sure the old 'bod' gets as much benefit as possible out of this programme. Traditionally I tend to just keep pushing when I feel a bit off, or tired, or whatever. I think during this phase I just need to listen to my body and go with what it says!

Treated myself to Steve Winwoods new album 'Nine Lives' which I bought on the way home from the Daystay. I'm listening to as I write. Not nearly as 'produced' as Back in the Highlife. Sounds good so far.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Garratt said...

Hi Bruce good to read your report and all the details. Dale and I both found ourselves praying for you in the night last night. I can only guess that God is on your case as well.
much love to you and Jeanette

David

May 29, 2008 at 6:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home