Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday, Rainday...

Sorry to be a bit remiss in updating the Blog over the last couple of days.

Friday night was a great long-overdue catch up with WBB Steele. She introduced us to the Juju Orchestra - Bossanova is not a Crime, and Pink Martini - a great Latin band which she is seriously addicted to. Swapped some musical ideas around on the OASYS. A good time was had by all. On Saturday I tracked down a shop selling Pink Martini CDs and bought "Hey Eugene"which so far sounds pretty cool.

Also on Saturday, I finally had success tracking down a copy of The Prisoner DVD box set (ancient somewhat surreal classic 1967 British TV programme which starred Patrick McGoohan - set in a quaint little Welsh village). I'll probably embark on the series during or after next chemo which starts on Wednesday.

I even did the lawns late on Saturday afternoon which went OK - a bit of ankle pain by the time I finished. Stewart E blew me away when he came over with a big trailer load of firewood - demolition Rimu 3 x2 and Kwila decking etc. My woodshed is full agin! Thanks mate! We're burning it as I type.

Yesterday afternoon, Jeanette picked up Hannah who came and stayed overnight. We enjoyed her company (as usual).

Unfortunately, time has been agin me as far as the ProTools department is concerned. The computer is all set-up and succesfully configured on our home network. I have just loaded ProTools but as yet haven't recorded anything. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.august.co.nz/

If you're after some lyrical ideas to bounce some music off of.

June 19, 2008 at 9:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home