Monday, December 22, 2008

18 - 22nd December

Oops! I mean't to update again after the biopsy on the 18th but kept remembering to do so only at times when I didn't have ready access to a computer. DOH!

The biopsoy was 'CT guided' which mean't that while they went digging around my right tibia with their 100mm x 12 guage needles they could run me in and out of the CT scanner to check exact position of the needle tip. The Pathologist (same one who had done my biopsies earlier in the year and told me he was well up to speed on my case) was also present so he could request exactly what he wanted as the Dr went about the procedure. I had adequate pain relief to curb the 'discomfort' but I was still very much awake and aware and invloved during it all.

I brought the images from the PET scan back from Sydney on a CD which I gave to the ADHB. Couldn't resist having a look at them on the home PC first though! Surprisingly enough, there was a viewer utility on the disc so I could see these weird fairly transparent hologram-type images of MY body. Freaky! Without knowing how to read the images, I have no idea how to interpret them, but it was pretty strange all the same. My next appointment is on 31st of December. I guess I'll get their analysis and feedback at that stage.

Work is almost finished for the year (yay!) with the final day tomorrow. Christmas is almost on us, but this year we're not going away so it feels a lot less hectic and pressured.

Why do they make scented toilet paper?

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Why do they report power outages on TV?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home