Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday 31st October

Things are still going very well I'm pleased to be able to say. Feeling good. Even cautiously letting the cranial weeds grow just to see what happens! They say when hair regrows after chemo it can be quite different than previously. I may yet become a curly 'Ginga' - who knows! I have been running the electric shaver up and over every few days, and I have to say it feels really good! Still, I think I'd still rather have something growing up there if possible.

I'm continuing with the IV (intra venous) high-dose Vitamin C twice a week along with 4000mg orally each day. Since the chemo the IV dosage has been increased. Anyone who wants info/details, just drop me an email and I'll happily comply.

My 'medico' neighbours Stu and Linda reckoned they spotted a slight limp when I popped over to admire their handiwork over Labour Weekend. I was completely unaware of favouring my right leg, but as they rightly pointed out, that would explain why I've have a little bit of discomfort (certainly not what I'd call pain) in my left hip.

I/they/we/and my Haemotologist don't think it is anything to worry about. I still have a slight tingle/numbness around the top of the right shin. Apparently this is consistent with the healing process and bone regeneration in that area. All good.

We're getting pretty excited about escaping to Fiji for 10 days at the end of next week (as previously advised). The first 3 days we'll be staying at Kathryn and Warren's amazing looking waterside Villa next to their home at Denerau Cove see http://covevilla.spaces.live.com/default.aspx which will be lovely. Then we're doing a 7 night cruise (see http://www.bluelagooncruises.com/itineraries/Historical_Cultural_7-6.aspx ) which gets out to Vanua Levu and the less touristy parts, returning via the Yasawas. We're really looking forward to it.

Should people in New Zealand and Australia call the rest of the world 'up over'?

Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?

Do Scottish Terriers get Scotch Tape worms?

Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?

Do steam rollers really roll steam?

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home