Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday 9th October

Had my CT scan yesterday. All pretty routine now, having now had four of them. I'll get the results on Oct 22 when I next meet with the Haemotologist. The nearest thing to any 'excitement' was having my arm leak blood a few minutes after they took out the IV lure they use for administering the 'contrast' stuff which helps you glow in the dark for the scan! With the high number of IV proceedures I've had over the last 6 months or so, not to mention all the blood tests etc., this is the first time I've sprung a leak afterwards.

Everything has been going fine healthwise with the minor exception of having had an annoying mouth ulcer for about a week which is only now starting to improve. I was told to expect a lot more of these during the chemo cycles, so I have indeed got off pretty lightly!

I'm continuing to really enjoy getting back into more music making/recording over the last month or two. I'm feeling a lot more fluent on ProTools and gradually getting back up to speed in the finger department too! I even bought a nice bass, having not had one for many years. (Any cronies who want to know what and why - feel free to email me!).

Jeanette & I have now booked to go to Fiji for 10 days in Novemeber, having toyed with the idea for a while. We were finally galvanised into action by a very kind offer of a few days accomodation in a superb Villa right on the water's edge in Denarau Cove area (see pictures at http://covevilla.spaces.live.com/default.aspx).

From there we're also going to do one of the Blue Lagoon Cruises. The normal cruise routes are in and around the Yasawa Island group. The one we're going on (only available 4 times per year) is a circumnavigation of Fiji's northern Vanua Levu Island and then back via the Yasawas. Apparently, the beaches, and reefs etc are fantastic, and the villages (and villagers) are much less touristed-out than those in the usual spots. All sounds pretty appealling. We're both feeling rather ready for a bit of a break, and are really looking forward to it.

I'd better get back to getting dinner on the table!

But first, some questions to ponder...

Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say "Do Not Pass"?

Day light savings time - why are they saving it and where do they keep it?

Did Noah keep his bees in archives?

Do blind dogs have seeing-eye humans?

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home