Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Day all went well...

I am now instilled with a cocktail of three different chemo potions which my body hasn't sampled in the previous sessions in 2008. The procedure seemed very much the same. The staff at the Haemotology Daystay unit are superb and certainly make a difference.

I finished the 1st of the three consecutive day's chemo hits a couple of hours ago. So far so good. Not noticing any nausea (thanks to the appropriate medications whose side effect is constipation. Yay!)or metallic tastes or other symptoms. My hair hasn't even fallen out yet! Obviously it will be something of a wait and see regarding how this all plays out and how my body reacts this time around. I'm certainly hopeful it will go with a minimum of disruption and collateral damage.

Had a brief but encouraging visit from Leanne, the Haemotologist, who said the initial results if the bone marrow biopsy done last week look more favourable than she expected. Timing is good. Instead of 3 x 21-day cycles before the stem cell transplant (three weeks in hospital), it may well only require 2 x 21-day cycles. I'm very happy to save 3 weeks off the total time frame.

Thanks for the many messages of prayer and love and support. It is always very tangible.

I guess this brings us to the point where we inject some lighthearted stuff:

* Two blondes walk into a building..........you'd think at least one of them would have seen it.

* Phone answering machine message - '...If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key...'


* I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

* I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him 50 quid that he couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf. He said, 'No, the steaks are too high.'

Cheers,
Bruce Bremner
bbremner@ihug.co.nz
8455421; 021941293

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gilly Fladlien said...

Hi B & J,

Your blog is gives a very accurate picture of the emotions. I, along with our entire team at Princeton Cryo, wish you all the best in Steve's recovery. Hit on this blog while searcing stem cell on Google.
May God bless you with all the best things and people in your life.

Regards,
Gilly

April 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM

 
Blogger Phil Austen said...

Hey Bruce so gutted when Joel told me, I hope the treatment goes really well my thoughts are with you, your awesome!

~Phil

April 8, 2010 at 1:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home