Sunday, April 11, 2010

So far, so good. Still got hair!

I have had the last two mornings pretty much vegged out in front of the TV watching the Masters Golf from Augusta. Great stuff. It is just a pity those guys don't know how to play very well. Maybe next year?

Yesterday I still had quite a bit of nausea, but today has been an improvement. The food smell which I find by far the most 'dangerous' is (oddly enough) cucumber. I suspect it is the connotations I have with the sandwiches they offer during the chemo which nearly all have salad and cucumber as part of the deal. There is a weird smell association that really churns my stomach.

This afternoon we've had a nice visit from Claire & Chris and Hannah. Little Hannah has bossed me around (as she likes to do) and we've had a pleasant day all round. The munchies are starting to bite and I'm seriously giving major consideration to some take-out black chili chicken and some beef fried noodles from the Canton Chinese place in Kingsland. The flavour of these two items is absolutely outstanding - and having typed about it, I really think I just need to go out and get some!

Again, we really appreciate your support,

Cheers
Bruce & Jeanette
bbremner@ihug.co.nz
bruce@50pluslifestyle.co.nz
8455421; 021-941293

1 Comments:

Blogger John Cowan said...

Hey Bruce
Sad to hear that you are back for another round of Battle of the Blood Cells. I am sure that your optomism and appalling supply of jokes will see you through this tough patch. I wish you all the best for a speedy and complete recovery. Cheers

April 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home