Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day -1 (minus one)

Well, here's a turn-up for the books. Jeanette is feeling pretty rotten tonight with a cold that has been threatening her for a few days and has now taken hold. She has asked me to update the Blog instead. I only have limited net access her, but here goes...

Had the nastiest one of the chemo potions today (Melphalan) which so far has gone well. Had a small period of feeling a bit sick late in the afternoon while Joel was visiting. Got rid of a pathetic little offering of a couple of teaspoons worth and felt OK again pretty much straight away. They gave me more anti nausea stuff via the IV just to make sure.

I sucked plenty of ice, before - during & after the infusion, which evidently helps reduce the severity of mouth ulcers often associated with this medication.

Tomorrow is Day Zero when I get the freshly thawed stem cells put back in. I'll tell you more once I've been there...done that. They just told me I can keep the bags as a souvenir if I want!

Sorry Michelle, no jokes tonight!

Cheers
Bruce

2 Comments:

Anonymous Helen in Berlin said...

Hi Bruce and Jeanette,
Been following your blogs as they are on the desktop. Hope all goes well for the replant. You are in my thoughts and prayers away across the skies over here.
Thanks for all the infos and the jokes. My favourite was about the wedding list for geriatrics at the chemist shop. My 89- year -old techno Mother had a real good laugh as I read it out to her while she was skyping me from NZ on her laptop!!!
Love and hugs
Helen

June 23, 2010 at 8:08 AM

 
Blogger Artykids said...

Blog gradually getting back up to expected standard!

June 23, 2010 at 6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home