Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day + 4

All going OK still. Had a reasonable (hospital grade) sleep. Threw up my anti nausea pills this morning (kind of a cute irony there I thought) so they did them straight into the PICC line instead. Still had to have a couple of tabs orally, but fortunately they stayed down OK.

Around about now (Day + 4) is when I'm likely to be at my worst. While I do feel a bit tired, I'm quite OK - so I'll take this as being just fine. Have had a few issues in managing the diabetes over the last week. The important 3-way balance between dosage; food intake and exercise is always fundamental. They have been experimenting a bit with my doses. I would like the leave the doses where they were and just fix the food!

Never mind, we'll get it sorted. Sounds like that if all is going well with various counts and monitoring points, they might let me escape here around Day +14. That would certainly be appreciated. It would mean quite a few trips in and out to the Daystay clinic for monitoring, but I'd rather do it that way than stay in here another week.

Thanks for all the messages of love and support and prayers etc. Always very much appreciated - and quite tangible.

Cheers
Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home