Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bald as a Badger...

So, I finally know what it is like to sport a 'number 0' haircut. It is noticably colder! Also noticably less maintenance; less shampoo; and less hairy! Still doing a double-take when I see myself in a mirror or reflected in a shop window. Rob at (the Ponsonby Barber) gave me the number 0 this morning. He literally "gave" it to me, at no charge. Jolly decent of him I thought, seeing he probably won't see me as often for the next few months.

Today I went by train (to avoid parking problems) into the city and had a good look over and through the Doulos - the 1914 ship as mentioned in yeterday's blog. A great old boat - literally. I enjoyed the nautical aspect of the day, and also enjoyed the train rides - a novelty for me not to be driving.

Tomorrow morning is round 2 of the chemo. Hopefully all goes well with the treatment and especially the next few days. We plan to be away again over this weekend so can just blob out as per last time.

Thanks again for the kind words of support, prayers and thoughts etc.
Cheers,
Bruce bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home