Thursday, June 19, 2008

Second R-CHOP chemo went well today...

The day started with a perfect carpark opposite the Haematology Day Stay building! Thank-you!

Had check-up appointment with one of the haemotologists at 8:30 who was very happy with my progress thus far. Lump free already - groin and shoulder, and able to literally hit my leg where the biopsy site was without causing pain. The tumour cells underneath it, which had brought our attention to this whole scenario, seem to have been dealt a blow with the 1st round of R-CHOP.

My white cell count was still a bit low as of last Monday's weekly test, so they did a fresh one this morning before starting the chemo. It had bounced up to just under average, so all clear was given to rip into it again.

All went well, with no dramas or any of the range of side effects which can apparently occur (difficulty swallowing; neck swelling; rashes; nausea etc). Again, big wraps to Tracey and the other great nurses there. Top line care and expertise and friendliness.

The pain in my ankle is significantly better and has been steadily improving over several days. No limp at all now! Still a bit of swelling in both feet/ankles but I can accept that meanwhile. Hopefully there is no reoccurence in that department.

This weekend, we're off up to Algies Bay (again) for a nice relaxing blob-out again. I have a couple of books I want to hit, plus I'll take my newly purchased boxed set of The Prisioner DVDs (old 1967 TV surreal drama show starring Patrick McGoohan set in crazy/quaint Welsh seaside village).

Again, thanks so much for the many messages of support and the obvious answers to the prayers of many.

Cheers,

Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home