Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday

Ended up at work (physically present at the office!) much of the day today. Managed to knock a bunch of fiddly items off my 'to do' list which was good though, and had a couple of product sessions with a couple of our suppliers.

Did the supermarket shop on the way home and arrived at the front door and was surprised to be greeted by little Hannah and Blue (the dog). Joel (home early having been at the Hospitality Show) was watching her for a little while as Claire had come over and was trying to arrange a replacement EFTPOS card at the bank down the road. Hannah has so far managed to lose or destroy several of these for Claire over the last year or two!

Claire was keen to take Hannah to the Zoo (she has a multi-freebie type pass) but it was getting too late in the afternoon as they stop people getting in after 4:15. So, I took them both to St Lukes Mall (wow, that must have been almost as exciting as seeing the lions and new baby tigers and giraffes etc!) where Hannah was, as ever, absolutely rapt to see and ride on the $2 Thomas the Tank engine ride near Foodtown. She also availed herself of the Wiggles Car, not to mention Bob the Builder's vehicle (OK, so I won't mention that one).

I'm continuing to feel pretty good and again have been relieved to be getting a pretty straightforward run with the chemotherapy. I hope to get more of the test results later in the week. Hopefully they are as positive as what we got last week.

So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me 'Can you give me a lift?' I said 'Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it.'

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen. It said, 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home