Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nearing the end of Daylight Saving...

The amazing run of fine autumnal weather continues and seems to have gone on for about 3 weeks (VERY unusual in this neck of the woods!). Tomorrow morning we flick back to standard time and that always seems to bring on the winter mindset somehow. I guess that will put an end to my after-dinner trips down to the Unitec grounds to chase golf balls around - unless I paint them with glow-in-the-dark paint.

Work continues to be busy for me with plenty of activity to keep my head down and tail up. Jeanette & I are still keeping an eye (or two) out for a suitable business that we could buy and that she could develop and add value to.

Some we've looked at have been literally "sale proof" while others have had possibilities. There is also a long held idea for a 'start-up' idea which we may well look at this time. The product would certainly have better application in troubled times than when everyone is overly flushed with surplus cash.

Enough of the serious stuff...

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, “I think I’ll squeeze these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out”?

Who was the first person to say, “See that chicken there…I’m going to eat the next thing that comes out of its bum”.

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Cheers,

Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home