Friday, July 16, 2010

Day +23

Went to the Haemotology Daystay unit for two back to back appointments. Although the actual appointments and taking of blood samples; meeting with the transplant nurse and having the PICC line dressing replaced were all pretty short, you still loose 2 or 3 hrs in the process. Never mind, all for a good cause.

They seem happy with the blood results and said my kidney function looks fine (despite me struggling to down as much liquids as they'd suggested). I noticed a couple of the blood readings were fractionally lower than on Monday. They said that is absolutely fine. They expect them to rise and fall, rather than just keep rocketing skyward regardless. Sounds like they might remove my PICC line next Thursday providing things keep going the way they have. It hasn't bothered me too much, but it will be nice to get it out.

I'm feeling good in myself, and gradually feeling stronger again. Not usually needing an afternoon snooze these days. I have a bit more painting to do this weekend which I'll just take quietly and behave myself (as always).

We're really busy with our Business at the stage things are up to with locking down all the exhibit stands. All coming together, but still a lot of work. Jeanette has had to carry a big load while I was out of action. It is good to be back on deck again.

My elderly Mum was admitted to Auckland hospital yesterday, requiring intra venous antibiotics for a few days in order to get on top of some infection from an injury she suffered while climbing onto a bus. I'm assured she was using the steps in the usual manner, not trying to climb up onto the roof to do some bus surfing. I popped in there last night, and again today after my daystay appointments. She seems to be doing well and is quite chirpy and is confident she's in the best place given her situation. Hopefully they can get the infection turned around quickly and effectively.

Thanks again for the prayers; messages; jokes and great support on so many levels. It really makes the difference. Todays funnies are courtesy of my mate Suresh. Thanks!

Cheers
Bruce

On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
'Dr. Jones, at your cervix.'

In a Podiatrist's office:
'Time wounds all heels.'

On a Plumber's truck:
'We repair what your husband fixed.'

On a Church's Bill board:
'7 days without God makes one weak.'

On a Maternity Room door:
'Push. Push. Push..'

At an Optometrist's Office:
'If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place.'

On a Fence:
'Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive!'

In a Vets waiting room:
'Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!'

In a Restaurant window:
'Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up.'

And don't forget the sign at a RADIATOR SHOP:
'Best place in town to take a leak.'

Sign on the back of yet another Septic Tank Truck:
'Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roof Leaks said...

Its hard to find the quality information, but I would like to appreciate you for sharing the quality information with us.

July 16, 2010 at 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home