Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday 14th

Everything still all going very well. I have a consultation with the Haemotologist on Wednesday, followed either straight after - or possibly Friday - by the last round of chemo (#6). Again, side effects for round 5 have been very minimal for which I am very grateful.

Tomorrow I have my usual routine Monday blood tests, and then I'll go off for another intra venous vitamin C 'hit'.

It is great having a bit of weather that can almost pass as Spring sneak in amongst all the grotty stuff. I've been dealing to a few things around the garden which have required clear weather. I've done lawns and edges both here and across the road. I've fixed a section of picket fence where the top rail used was obviously not tanalised. A previous owner must have thought it was OK if it only lasted a couple of years. DOH!

I've also been attacking the 'giraffe house' (a slightly odd-looking pergola affair in the back corner of our property which had brushstick nailed on top making it look like something you'd expect to find at the zoo. Our climbing cats have succesfully destroyed the brushsticks (along with a little help from the sun and rain) so it was looking pretty grotty - especially viewed from next door! I'm part way through re-doing the "roof" with 50mm x 50mm timber, spaced at 50mm. This gives privacy, yet allows the right amount of sunshine/dappled shade. I've included a picture of a couple of giraffes we rigged up a couple of Christmases ago for the benefit of our friends next door who also know it as the 'giraffe house'.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and support shown to us in so many ways.

Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'… But it's only a penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home