Monday, April 20, 2009

At last.... more health news to report!

Maybe not quite what I'd like to be reporting - however...

On Sunday morning (yesterday) I had a low blood sugar episode and fell awkwardly in the hall while heading for the kitchen for a quick carbo hit. Unfortunately I rolled my left foot on a weird angle. I should have put it up and shoved a bag or frozen peas on it, but I wanted to get to church and see Sel & Ruth who were down from Kerikeri to see their wee twin granddaughters dedicated. I was in a bit of pain, but not too bad. I could walk (carefully).

We then were off to the Ellerslie pitch and putt course for the second beginners golf day run by our friend Vicki who is a sports psychologist who has specialized in golf. By the time we got there, I was more uncomfortable than I had been at church and was quite sure I wasn’t going to be any good for a 9-hole game. I loaned my clubs to someone else who didn’t have any and sat at a table with my leg elevated but found it getting more and more uncomfortable. I hobbled off to the toilet which was a bit of a mission (the trip there, not what I did when I got there! Too much information!).

Once we got home, I had some anti-inflamatories and Jeanette strapped it up with a crepe bandage. I also sent Joel next door to Mum’s to fetch an old pair of crutches that my Dad had when he had hip ops. They work much better than using a putter as a walking stick!

This morning I went and saw the GP. He said that because I had had limited mobility, it was probably just a bad sprain. But, he still sent me off for an X-Ray just to be sure. As it turned out, I have 2 x fractures in my left foot/ankle area! I must just have that legendary male high pain threshold. Seems I’ll have to keep it elevated and keep off it as much as possible for a while. At least I can still do work stuff from home as I still have the VPN hook-up to the main server at work. I've done some quotes and emails this afternoon. I might have to pop back into the office to get some papers of some jobs I'm currently working on.

Just after we got home late yesterday afternoon, Mike Henderson called me to ask me "What is the difference between a Lada and a Jehovah's Winess?". Apparently you can still shut the door on a Jehovah's Witness!

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home