Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, Monday

Went in for my blood test this morning and had to come home to await the result. They called me back a couple of hours later with the results. Turns out the count was good and enough to do the harvest of my own stem cells for introduction back in later. As it happens, NZ Blood was unable to take me today so I have to go in there at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow. They said to take the GCSF injections tonight and tomorrow morning anyway.

I was somehow thinking it might take a few more days to get up to speed. The Dr I spoke with at NZ Blood last week said the total amount of chemo someone has is more the determining factor than whether or not they have had a good or difficult run with the chemo programme. Either way, I'm very grateful.

A kid was in the back yard when his big sister asked him what he was doing. He said, "I just buried my dead goldfish". She said, "That is an awfully big hole for a gold fish. He said, "That is because it is inside your stupid cat!"

A 92 year old Gramps and 89 year old Granny decided to get married and they were very excited. He saw a chemist shop and they went in and said to the pharmacist "Do you sell heart medication?" Yes. "Do you sell vitamins, Preparation H, pills for constipation, arthritis and incontinence pants etc?". Yes.
"Do you sell wheelchairs, scooters and walkers?" Yes, any shape and any speed! "Good, then we want to set up our gift registry in your shop!"

(Thanks Sally!)

Cheers
Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home