Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day +32 (still thinking?)

Yay, I got my PICC line out yesterday (Friday) and can't say I'm going to miss it. The Medics continue to be very happy with my ongoing progress. So am I.

Have been doing more stuff on Mum's rental house (across the road) with my hard working sister (Go Sue!). Yesterday and this morning was water blasting and window cleaning. Today was more water blasting, lawns and the last couple of windows. Took a wardrobe door off which I need to trim about 10mm off the bottom edge (to clear the new carpet in 3rd bedroom) but it was the end of the day and I just felt too pooped to be bothered trying to extricate my gear from our current garage-confusion-zone. Some of my reduced energy may have been influenced by trip to Orewa this morning to collect 120 concrete paving slabs which I bought on TradeMe for outside the new office French Doors etc.

I had underestimated both the bulk and weight of the load. Ross and Jono Maskell surprised me and informed me they were coming too when I went to Whenuapai to borrow Jeanette's Dad's vehicle and trailer. All four of us went and and loaded up their big tandem trailer to a bit short of breaking point(?). Extra air was needed in the tyres.

Jeanette had soup and home made bread on when we got back to Mt Albert. (No sick jokes about wearing such food items please). We stacked them all under a tree in the back yard quite close to where I'll lay them in a few weeks time. Thanks again, Jono, Ross and Dad for your great help and expertise today. Very much appreciated.

That's about it for now...

Cheers
Bruce

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home