Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crutches meanwhile...

I have now bought a decent set of handgrips for my late Dad's old pair of crutches. Now much more comfortable and a lot less painful on the hands.

The left foot with 2 x bone fractures seems to be progressing OK as far as I can tell. There is considerably less pain than this time last week (Sunday night). The voltarin tablets help somewhat, and the foot has settled down a bit. Swelling and bruising are still quite obvious, but it feels better than it did. I just have to keep looking after it as much as I can. They don't seem inclined to put it in plaster at this stage, but I have another X-Ray this Thursday so they can make sure everything is going according to plan.

Last week I had quite a productive week sales-wise, working from home with my foot up - and the trusty VPN hook-up back to the office server. It seems a more efficient environment than an open-plan office. Sure, I accept that there are advantages either way.

Have had a pretty sedentary weekend. No early morning ANZAC dawn parade for me on Saturday morning. Had our monthly family get together out at Whenuapai today (lunch - afternoon) where we get a chance to catch up with the rest of Jeanette's family. Her Dad is soon turning 80 (going on 56!). We're having a birthday celebration with him at the Langham in a couple of weekend's time.

When sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

When you open a new bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?

Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all?

Why do they report power outages on t.v.?

Have a great week,

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home