Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Second lot of X-Rays

I rocked up (perhaps hopped up might be a more apt description) for my second X-Ray session around the middle of the day today, clutching my packet of X-Rays from 10 days ago. The radiographer was very freindly and competent and seemed surprised when she saw the first X-Rays, saying that I should have been in more pain. After the obligatory 'hign male pain threshhold' and 'no brain, no pain' jokes were discharged I asked why.

She said I actually had 3 fractures, not 2 as first thought. There were some subsequent discussions between health professionals as to whether to leave me as I am or plaster the foot, or perhaps use a moon boot. My GP is still very happy to keep things as they are. I need to continue to treat it gently, keep it up/elevated as much as practical to help the swelling. He said I need to watch out for any twisting motion. (Definitely NO golf swings!!!).

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

• In Denver, Colorado, it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbour.
• In Miami, Florida, it’s illegal for men to be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
• Idaho state law makes it illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
• In Gary, Indiana, persons are prohibited from attending a movie house or other theatre and from riding on a public streetcar within four hours of eating garlic.

Cheers,
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home