Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Harvest Time (as opposed to Hammer Time!)

I went to NZ Blood this morning as arranged. They were all waiting for me and ready for action. All the blood donors don't arrive on a Tuesday until mid day so I was well and truly waited on hand and foot.

They all seemed to be quite impressed with my stem cell count of 98 (million per something or other). Turns out that the thresh hold I had beaten was 10, so I romped in. They took another blood sample and sent it off to LabPlus. Later in the morning the Dr came over and declared I was now 236. He said I could stop taking the GCSF injections now. I agreed they must be somewhat redundant.

Because the concentration was higher, they could shorten the harvesting process by a couple of hours and still get way more than they needed.

I felt absolutely fine throughout the course of the procedure, not feint, not sick, not anything really. In fact, once I was finished, I chomped my sandwiches (made from nice fresh bread maker bread this morning) and popped down the road to the golf driving range at Ellerslie and fired off a couple of buckets of balls. It was a good chance to try out the 2nd hand driver I accidentally won on TradeMe and picked up only yesterday afternoon. I didn't bid/pay much for it and didn't really expect to end up owning it. No one outbid me.

If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
How do you handcuff a one-armed man?
Do dentists go to other dentists or do they do it themselves?
At a movie theatre, which armrest is yours?

Cheers
Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home