Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday, Monday (again)...

Started the day by watching the final of the UEFA cup soccer at 6:45 am. Great game. I was backing the Spanish, as I thought they were the underdogs. Glad they pulled of a good win. I guess with the family connections, I could have cheered enthusiatically for either or both sides and had a bob each way. A no-lose win-win situation!

Ended up having to take Hannah (and Claire) to the Dr this morning, so took the opportunity to have my regular Monday bloodtests done next door to the Dr and the chemist as West Harbour. When I went into the side room to have my blood taken, Hannah wanted to know what was going on. Claire said it was my turn to see the Dr (nurse), whereupon little Hannah voiced her concern for "Grandad's yowee on his leg". She was very concerned about it when I was in hospital too. After I was done, we then retired to a cafe to give Hannah a 'fluffy'. Claire and I passed the time with a hot chocolate and flat white respectively.

Did some work correspondence/emails etc and later in the afternoon went to get my next intra veinous 'hit' of high dose vitamin C.

Everything still going well in all respects. No infections despite my low immune system at this stage of the chemo cycle. Should be on the rise again now as the bone marrow cranks out more white blood cells over the next week and a half.

All good,

Cheers
Bruce
bbremner@ihug.co.nz

1 Comments:

Blogger burtski said...

Funny to think I'm on the otherside of the world yet we we're doing the exact same thing (football), I'm slowly being converted.
Great to keep up to date with the blogs, sounds like you're in good spirits.
My prayers are with you.
Rach

July 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home